Dermatology Service in Coastal West Sussex

Following a robust procurement process, Sussex Community Dermatology Services (SCDS) and Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (WSHFT) have qualified to deliver Specialist Community Dermatology Services across Coastal West Sussex.

The NHS Contract Award is for 3 years commencing 1st April 2014 with the option to extend annually for a further two years.

Details of the service

By awarding these AQP contracts, the CCG aims to move up to 80% of dermatology services into the community, closer to where patients live and work, with the remaining 20% of referrals (including two week rule appointments and complex procedures) remaining within the acute hospital dermatology service.

Both providers are offering:

  • Consultant-led community services offered at a wide range of locations across Coastal West Sussex;
  • Clinical triage, assessment, disgnostic biopsy and treatment, fast-tracking patients onto secondary care services if needed;
  • A full range of specialist dermatology services including Phototherapy Treatment Services (PUVA) and Photochemotherapy (PDT).

Find out more about each provider and the services they offer: