What to do if an adult is being abused

Tell someone if you have any concerns that someone is being abused.

If you think the danger is immediate then ring 999.

If it is less urgent, contact the police non-urgent contact centre on 101, or call:

  • West Sussex Contact Centre: Mon-Fri 9-5 01243 642555
  • ‘Out of hours’ emergency team on 01243 642121

There is further advice and guidance on the WSCC safeguarding Adults at risk website.

Remember – the worst thing to do is you are concerned  is nothing!